Student Computer Use Rules
Students are guests of Whatcom Community College’s managed technology environment. Campus computers are intended to support educational goals and may not be used for personal gain or illegal activities. Please refer to Whatcom Community College Procedure 1189, Use Of College Computing Resources.
- Students may not use staff computers.
- Do not mistreat or damage the computer equipment.
- Hardware or software configurations may not be altered.
- Do not download or install any software or applications. This includes games, e-mail software, and unauthorized tutorial CDs that may be included with your textbooks.
- Do not install any peripheral devices.
- No personal computers or other devices may be connected to the College network or telephone system.
- Campus technology resources will be provided off-campus with VMware View, available at MyWCC on the College website.
- Attempts to remotely access, hack, bypass, alter, or circumvent any network or computer security on any system are illegal.
- Individuals must not interfere with the personal rights of others or the educational process of the College as defined by the WCC Student Rights and Responsibilities outlined in the WCC catalog.
- In addition, individual labs and departments may have procedures or guidelines beyond the rules listed here.
Unauthorized use of WCC’s technology resources is a serious offense and may result in disciplinary or legal action that could include expulsion from school, civil prosecution by the College or criminal prosecution.